What is Web-enhanced PDF?
If you're publishing reference or non-fiction and spending money on indexes and high quality production, you should consider WE-PDF. As more and more users read these online or on devices, they will need the navigation tools that these links provide. It's false economy to create a good index and then to make it useless in a digital environment for a sake of a few more dollars. Every index entry and every TOC page number is linked to its target. No editorial judgment required; once the index is produced in print the links will be added in the UPDF.
The W-E PDF makes it possible for every publisher, regardless of size, to maximize revenue streams and reach every major distribution channel with one simple and economical format. For a modest per-title fee, a Universal PDF offers a quick return on investment and immediately opens up new revenue streams with all distributors.
Features of Web-enhanced PDF
- Fully searchable using Adobe Acrobat Search
- Properly embedded fonts
- Cropped registration marks
- Image and text disclaimers
- Bookmarked table of contents
- Linked table of contents (to three levels)
- Headings linked to table of contents (to three levels)
- Cover page cleaned up and inserted
- Linked endnotes
- Images optimized for web delivery
- Indices linked